We are the Huddersfield Locality. The representatives are Karandeep Kaur, Aleeena Razzaq, Chloe Sutcliffe, Jess Senior and Hannah Gausden.
Firstly, we went to Eshton Grange near Skipton on a residential with all the KYCs. We all bonded together and got other views from different KYCs.
Once we got back we started working through an induction pack. When we finished it we attended an International Women’s Day event where we collected the views of our constituents.
We have arranged to attend a local event run by “Fresh Horizons” which we will update you on this when we know more.
All Huddersfield KYCs are part of the Children and Young People Plan consultation group. We have also designed a questionnaire about what is important to young people in Kirklees which is currently being distributed. The results will be given to Matthew Holland – Head of Children’s Trust Management and Development.
We’ve been really busy lately, we thought we’d let you know what we’ve been doing.
- Collected views from other young people around Huddersfield about Jobs and Opportunities.
- Made links with Police Inspectors for our area to share information from the young people in Huddersfield.
- Attended the last Huddersfield Area Committee meeting ( the meeting with the Councillors from Huddersfield) and plan to attend the next one- If you’d like to attend watch this space!
- Posted updates on our Locality page on Facebook- Please like it!
- We are learning how to update this website
- We are planning how to get around our area to meet young people like you and find out your views.
- Attended lots of KYC meetings
- Supported the Fear of Crime survey by encouraging young people to complete it online. We can’t wait to find out the results, and when we do we’ll share what we learn with you.
- Talked to Ofsted Inspectors who have been here to look at Safeguarding and Looked After Children.
- Jess is also part of the College Network Group and the European Exchange Group.
Happy New Year!
Since our last update, we have introduced Tabraiz Sajid to the council as part of the Huddersfield locality. However, we are going to have to sadly say goodbye to Hannah who we would like to wish all the best to in the future and would like to thank her for all her commitment and hard work. Today we have been discussing the BYC project regarding child poverty. Do your bit to help, and sign a letter to your local MP which you can get hold of by contacting any of us KCY’s!
If you have any comments or issues that you would like to talk to us about, please feel free to contact us!